Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hello and Goodbye


This is Marie Martell. She was born January 18, 1919 and died September 8, 2011. She lived most of her life in Wishek, ND where she raised five children. She gave birth to one of those children, Idella, in a boxcar. Marie's mom, Katharina, a midwife, delivered Idella. Idella is my mom.

This weekend we all gathered to celebrate the life of Marie Martell. She was a feisty lady with a great sense of humor. She loved her five children, her twelve grandchildren, and fifteen great-grandchildren. And they loved her.

Rest in peace, Grandma. I will miss you.

3 comments:

BDoc said...

Thanks for this post. She is so cute here. And feisty is a great word for her.

Greysen looked at a picture of her on my phone (looking at FAcebook and all the pics on it) and he said, "Gramma sleeping." I guess that's a comforting way to think of her now.

Love you.

KC said...

I love the photo.

Marie Martell seems like a really cool lady.

I'm really sorry for all of you guys.

LH said...

So sorry for your loss.

I see that jdoc resemblance in your grandmother's beautiful face.

Sending good thoughts out to you and your fam.